Why do we "sell out"? Is it because we envy another or like Joseph's brothers have jealousy in our hearts towards someone? It exploring this question in my own life, I ask myself these questions:
- Am I a jealous person?
- What motivates me in life?
- Am I self-centered or other centered?
- Do I seek to know the truth about myself?
- Have I ever "sold anyone out"?
Why is our culture prone to compromising the time-tried, Scripture-based values we have embraced in the past? Perhaps because:
- Have I gradually assimilated anti-Christian values from TV, from our education system, from blockbuster movies that influenced me without my knowing it?
- Is Political Correctness has become my only value?
- Have I chosen convenience to shortchange my call to sacrifice and courtesy; have I chosen to look out for #1 in everything I say and do?